TYPO3 CMS 8.x
The content on this page applies to:
- TYPO3 v8
The TYPO3 CMS 8.x machine images are listed at the AWS Marketplace under product ID B01DO8DF2E. The first machine image was published in April 2016 and features TYPO3 CMS version 8.0.0. Subsequent releases include all TYPO3 sprint releases including the long-term support version TYPO3 v8 LTS (also known as version 8.7).
According to the official release announcement., the highlights of TYPO3 version 7 LTS are:
- Performance (mainly due to PHP v7, Standalone Fluid, ExtJS replacement by jQuery).
- Mobile responsive backend.
- New image manipulation functionality.
- New Form Framework to build forms.
- The introduction of CKEditor. as the default RTE.
- The usage of Doctrine DBAL. for database abstraction.
- New concepts for multiple languages and translations.
The LTS-version was released on Tuesday, 4 April 2017. It receives maintenance and bug fixes for 1.5 years and security updates for at least three years until April 2020.
Server and Services
The machine image at the AWS Marketplace comes with the packages installed and configured listed below. Please note that all these components can be upgraded, removed, replaced, etc. as required.
- Debian GNU/Linux version 8 (code name: "Jessie").
- Apache version 2.4, see official documentation.
- MySQL version 5.5, see reference manual.
- PHP Version 7.0, see official documentation.
- Image Magick version 6.8, see official website.