TYPO3 CMS 11.x
The content on this page applies to:
- TYPO3 v11
The TYPO3 v11.x machine images are listed at the AWS Marketplace under product ID B08R9BXG5Y. We published the first machine image in December 2020.
According to the official release announcement, the planned highlights of TYPO3 v11 include:
- Link sharing and deep linking for the TYPO3 backend
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- Improved TYPO3 backend experience
- Improved Extbase framework
- Improved authentication process
Server and Services
The machine image at the AWS Marketplace comes with the packages installed and configured listed below. Please note that all these components can be upgraded, removed, replaced, etc. as required.
Please note that in comparison to the other TYPO3 versions, the TYPO3 v11 machine images have a slightly different and more modern setup. The instance features a mininum of 16 GB disk space by default and the Linux swap partition is automatically created during system launch.
- Debian GNU/Linux version 11 (code name: "Bullseye").
- Apache version 2.4, see official documentation.
- MariaDB version 10.5, see official resources.
Depending on the project size, project complexity, and individual use case, we recommend to consider an externally hosted database instance such as Amazon Aurora MySQL/MariaDB (or a similar Amazon RDS product), managed by AWS.
- PHP Version 7.4, see official documentation.
The TYPO3 installation uses PHP Composer version 2 by default. Today, Composer is the officially recommended method of installing TYPO3.
- Image Magick, see official website.